Sunday, June 22, 2008

Taylor


June 1997-June 22, 2008
This is a hard blog to start. All of my blogs have been happy ones about our family and mostly Addison. This one is about our dog, well not our dog, but mom and dads dog, Taylor. Brandon and I got Taylor for mom and dad sometime in the summer of 1997. We thought they would need someone to take care of since both of us were going to be out on our own. We thought a brand new shiny puppy would be a good choice. When we brought her home I'm not so sure they were too happy. I don't think dad talked to us for about a week:) Yet, over the years Taylor worked her way into all of our hearts. She loved everyone, even if they didn't like her. She was always happy to see you when you walked in mom and dads door. She would run back and forth down the deck and finally stop so you could pet her. As a puppy she would jump all over you and play, play, play. Even though she did chew up my favorite NCAA basketball hat as a puppy, I still loved/love her.

I could tell you many, many Taylor stories, but I can't think of them all right now. I know our family is going to miss Taylor very much. Anytime we ask Addison who we are going to see when we go to Decatur she always says, "Taylor", then ma, then pa. Taylor didn't know it, but she was often a bribe to get Addison in the car and make the drive over to Decatur. I would say who are we going to see and she would scream excitedly, "Taylor". She loves Taylor. These are only a few of the pictures we have of her and Taylor. There are many more. She always wants to pat her and her latest thing was to stand in front of her and say, "hi, Taylor, hi Taylor". She is always looking forward to seeing Taylor. I think it will be hard the first time we go to mom and dads house and she is not there. Tonight we were sitting on the bed doing something and she said "Taylor, miss you". I don't want to not talk about Taylor around her because I want her to remember her. We will just handle the questions as they come I guess.

Just a few more stories.....I know mom and dad have lost many hours of sleep when Taylor was pacing the floor during a thunderstorm, but they were great care givers to her because they did lose those hours of sleep to be with her. I know mom and dad loved her, because they would take a bottle of water with them for her when they went on walks.

Taylor we love you and will miss you very much. I hope you didn't suffer and are in Heaven with Rylie watching down on us.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Oh, how sweet Taylor will be missed. I have heard the story of how your dad wouldn't speak to any of you for a week when you brought her home but I never would have believed it had you not told me. If he was outside so was Taylor. If I saw your mom or dad I knew Taylor wasn't far behind.

She had a very tolerating attitude when it came to my two dogs. They would run across the street to invade her space every once in a while and she would just climb in her chair and act like we weren't there.

I cried with your parents yesterday as we said goodbye to Taylor because I know how much she will be missed. It hurts to lose the ones you love but life would not be worth living without love. She was so lucky to have been a part of your family

Right now, Taylor is chasing ducks, squirrels and anything else that catches her eye and when she curls up to rest she has Rylie by her side to keep her company.

Queen of Not A Lot said...

I'm so sorry. Had she been ill or was she injured? One of my favorite pics is Addison just plopping down on her, like she was supposed to be ADub's chair.